currently on my "library":
- Macbeth (i'm going to see the production on B'way in April)
- This is Your Brain on Music (nuff said)
- Duchess of Langeis by Balzac (cuz i feel like reading something french every time it rains...and it's been raining a lot)
- Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks (i've been "reading" this for like 3 months now...sigh...)
- Precision Heart Rate Training (i'm curious about this)
- Wagner Nights by Joseph Horowitz (it's interesting how the Opera culture affected the NYC area, etc. etc.)
i have a true book ADD. any feedback on what i should ditch/later or any tricks to "managing" multi-book-obsessions?
apropos of my previous post, i think i covet...way too much.
1 comment:
Clint and I were trying to count how many books we are currently "in the process of reading" the other day and we ran out of fingers. I prefer an intuitive approach to reading. I pick up and set down books as they call out to me from the shelf. I have been reading a lot more non-fiction in the past years. Mostly ones that would be inappropriately shelved under "Christian Inspiration" at Barnes and Noble. Sometimes I find that I actually need to set them down for a while in order to really be present to them when I pick them up again.
But the moral of the story is, I LOVE to read, so the more books the better. There is NO shame in that! :)
Post a Comment