Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Should I Be Ambitious?" was the question of the bible study this morning based on Luke 14:1-11.

at first, the scripture doesn't look at all about worldly ambitions. but through discussion and studying, one realizes that:
  1. The parable's first focus may be about humbleness but
  2. The 2nd point is really about - and i guess this applies to ALL scripture - trusting your God. V. 14 says it all:"And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you, for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."

So it's not just about being humble, being lowly (literally from the parable) - like trying to bypass a promotion, because you are "humble" - but it's about not seeking glory for yourself (ambition), for your own wordly gain (i mean with that specific goal in mind), but that with your trust in God, that God will exalt you when the time comes - at his own divine time. And that "Godly" ambition (which comes through trusting in God) is all about serving, like Paul gloryfing God and that through serving, you learn patience, forgiveness and inner peace.

Which all equals to pretty hard to apply in this real world - but i think it's about real attitude change - which will only happen through prayer, holy spirit's intervention and as usual, God's perfect timing.

With that lesson, I have to really become more serving at work - I do "serve" a lot, not for my glory but because in my nature, I'd like to help out. But at the end, my get annoyed with little things, impatient and certainly not with a "godly attitude."

So yes, we SHOULD be ambitious - for God's Glory and our change of attitude in servitude.

Okay, so that was a lot of jumble mumble what I'm basically saying is: FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT!

No comments:

This and that...